The Greater Des Moines Adult Flute Choir
-Directed by Erika Leake McKnight
The Greater Des Moines Adult Flute Choir is a year-round flute choir comprised of
flutists (post college age and above) from the Greater Des Moines community. Flutists
consist of varying careers and musical backgrounds.
The choir will perform regularly during the season (September to June) at venues such
as assisted living facilities, flute recitals, flute festivals and workshops, etc. Musical
selections will include a diverse mix of popular music, arrangements of famous classical
works, and modern compositions written for flute ensembles. In addition to the larger
Flute Choir, members will also be provided with the opportunity to perform in smaller
ensembles with other flutists.
New members will be accepted year-round. Prospective members will be invited to sit in
(listen or play) at a rehearsal if joining mid-season. All dedicated and interested flutists
are welcome ensemble members. Please keep in mind that rehearsal attendance and
commitment is required due to one- to two-member part assignments.
- Membership in the flute choir is open to adult flutists with several years of playing experience.
- NO audition is required.
- Annual dues TBA. Dues help pay for the purchasing of music. They also help pay for the purchasing of alto and bass flutes as well as their upkeep. If financial assistance is needed in order to participate, please contact Erika Leake McKnight.
- Begin September 2020 (details TBA)
- In Mrs. Leake McKnight's studio which is located at the following address:
1428 42nd Street
Des Moines, IA 50311
- Bring a music stand and your flute (as well as a piccolo, alto flute, bass flute, contra-bass flute if you have one).
Please contact Erika Leake McKnight with any questions you may have.
We look forward to playing with you!
"She is an excellent musician, mentor, and performer, and I am delighted to give her my highest recommendation."
- George Dougherty, DMA
“Erika not only lovingly fostered the development of Marisa’s musical talents, but she molded her into a confident and self-assured musician. We are SO thankful to have had Erika in her professional life and education.”
--Yeprem and Judy Kelegian, parents of Marisa Kelegian