The Greater Des Moines Adult Flute Choir
-Directed by Erika Leake McKnight
The Greater Des Moines Adult Flute Choir is a year-round flute choir comprised of flutists (post-college age and above) from the Greater Des Moines community. Flutists consist of varying careers and musical backgrounds.
The choir will perform regularly during the season (September to May) at venues such as assisted living facilities, flute recitals, flute festivals and workshops, etc. Musical selections will include a diverse mix of popular music, arrangements of famous classical works, and modern compositions written for flute ensembles. In addition to the larger Flute Choir, members will also be provided with the opportunity to perform in smaller ensembles with other flutists.
New members will be accepted year-round. Prospective members will be invited to sit in (listen or play) at a rehearsal if joining mid-season. All dedicated and interested flutists are welcome ensemble members. Please keep in mind that rehearsal attendance and commitment is required due to one- to two-member part assignments.
Click here to download the information on this page as a PDF file.
- Membership in the flute choir is open to adult flutists with several years of playing experience.
- NO audition is required.
- Annual dues are $150. Dues may be paid in full at the start of the year, or $75 in September and $75 mid-January. Dues help pay for the purchasing of music. They also help pay for the purchasing of alto and bass flutes as well as their insurance and upkeep. If financial assistance is needed in order to participate, please contact Erika Leake McKnight.
- Begin Saturday, September 3. Rehearsals will be held from 9:00 until 10:50 (calendar announced through email).
- Location at Faith Lutheran Church (10395 University Ave, Clive, IA 50325).
- Bring a music stand, your flute, and a pencil (as well as a piccolo, alto flute, bass flute, contra-bass flute, if you have one).
Please contact Erika Leake McKnight with any questions you may have.
We look forward to playing with you!
"She is an excellent musician, mentor, and performer, and I am delighted to give her my highest recommendation."
- George Dougherty, DMA
“Erika not only lovingly fostered the development of Marisa’s musical talents, but she molded her into a confident and self-assured musician. We are SO thankful to have had Erika in her professional life and education.”
--Yeprem and Judy Kelegian, parents of Marisa Kelegian